Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 44th President of the United States of America

That was some speech. A few notes on the day:
  • He took the oath of office with his full name, yay!
  • John Paul Stevens, who administered the oath to Vice President Biden, looks damn good for a man approaching 90. He can carry on or he can safely retire now.
  • My people were mentioned: that would be the Jews and the nonbelievers.
  • The ceremonies ran just a bit late, and evidently the White House web site switched over at noon, a few minutes in advance of his swearing in. "Change has come to WhiteHouse.gov," it says. You bet!
  • Mrs. Obama is wearing an outfit by Isabel Toledo, a designer I hadn't heard of before I read a very fine New Yorker profile of her in 2007.
  • I wish we'd gotten a few more glimpses of the President's adorable daughters.
  • DiFi, not my favorite politician, gave good MC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son twittered that the only way Dick Cheney could possibly be made to look more evil is if they put him in a wheelchair.

Oh well, all that is now over...

Lisa Hirsch said...

....and gave him a fluffy white cat. :)