Friday, October 21, 2011

October Also Makes Me Cry

October 27: Berkeley Symphony
October 27-29: Alan Gilbert at SFS (Haydn, Beethoven, Dutilleux)
October 27-30: Philharmonia Baroque (Arias for Farinelli)
October 30: SF Opera (Xerxes opens)
October 30: West Edge Opera (Ariadne auf Naxos opens)
October 30: SFS (Cameron Carpenter, organ; Phantom of the Opera, Lon Cheney)

I have a ticket for Gilbert/SFS and I'm reviewing Xerxes. Phantom and Ariadne are out. I could theoretically go to Phil. Baroque and Berkeley Symphony, but must....be...prudent.

4 comments:

Patrick J. Vaz said...

Keep the hankies ready, because you could also go hear Simon Keenlyside in recital at SF Performances on 10/27, and Philippe Jaroussky with Apollo's Fire at Cal Performances on 10/30.

Lisa Hirsch said...

oh WAH.

Brian said...

Yes, yes, yes. I'm splitting the difference in LA and SF to get this all set. Jaroussky on the 28th and Keenlyside on the 29th in LA, then Xerxes and Philharmonia Baroque on the 30th.

Again, see how easy that was.

XOXO

Lisa Hirsch said...

I think my solution is Gilbert 10/28, Phil Baroque 10/29, Xerxes 10/30, West Edge Opera the following weekend. Or skip PBO entirely.