Thursday, March 14, 2013

Alternatives to Google Reader

As you may have read this morning, Google is killing Reader on July 1. Like many of you, I find Reader enormously useful, though less useful since the social features were ripped out a couple of years back.

The tech press got a whole bunch of articles up very fast about Reader alternatives. I'll list some of those below, but let me note the major difference between types of alternatives: magazine-style readers such as Pulse, which are graphically-oriented and have lots of photos, and text-style readers, such as The Old Reader. After looking around a bit, I'm pretty sure I will go to The Old Reader, but you should know that right now they are experiencing heavy loads and won't be able to import your feeds from Reader.

Plenty more articles like the above out there. Let me know what you think of other feed readers.

No comments: